1. Read books about the real story of Christmas. Below are some of my favorites.
2. Read a Christ-based advent book each night after dinner or light an advent wreath.
3. Have you ever read Jesus Storybook Bible? You can listen to the chapter on Jesus's birth on YouTube.
4. Since Christmas is about celebrating Jesus' birthday, have each family member choose a gift for Jesus. Explain to your children that the gift is something to make Jesus smile. Some ideas for this include giving a gift to someone who might be otherwise forgotten, donating to a favorite charity, doing something nice for a family member or neighbor, a random act of kindness, or making a special card for a friend. Get creative!
5. Sign up for a free 7-day trial of Minno Kids (a Christian video streaming company) and watch the following shows about the true meaning of Christmas:
6. Put candles in your Christmas morning breakfast and sing Jesus "Happy Birthday." You can easily use a birthday cake, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, donuts, an egg casserole, bagels, or a quiche.
7. Before opening presents on Christmas morning, read the story of Jesus' birth in the book of Luke, chapter 2.
How do you keep Christ in the Christmas season? Leave a comment below!